Now, it’s your turn to write a research paper. Are you depressed and worried because of this?
Well, let us reveal you a secret. If you know all the key info on this type of academic assignment, you’ll have a clear picture of what you should do to complete it in a winning way.
That’s where this article is going to be of great help for you.
First of all, let’s start with the definition of a research paper. This is the type of academic assignment that presumes independent research on the given topic and putting the results of this research into a well-organized and properly formatted piece of writing. Usually, it is given by a tutor as a written assignment for a class. Please, note that this is not the same as writing an essay.
Secondly, you should clearly understand that if you want to submit a winning manuscript, you need to know how to write a thesis statement for a research paper that your supervisor will like.
How to Write a Thesis for a Research Paper in a Right Way: Key Takeaways to Follow
Research is the cornerstone of a research paper. However, even if do thorough research and fail to present the main idea and strong arguments in your thesis statement, all your previous efforts will be worthless.
Basically, thesis statant is the first thing that your tutor is going to check. If it’s weak or not convincing, if it lacks any of the key components, your assignment is likely to be rejected.
That’s why it’s super important to follow these simple tips to come up with a winning research paper thesis:
- Choose several topics for your research and decide which one is the best to proceed with.
- Once you do research, create a thesis statement before you start writing your paper. This makes the further process more smooth and easier for you.
- Create as many variants of your main statement as possible. Why do you need to do this? That’s because having 6 or 8 ways of expressing it in the written form will enable you to chose the one that sounds in the most convincing and winning way.
- Concentrate on the results that you’ve got after doing research.
- Your whole piece of writing should support a thesis statement with the help of strong & up-to-date evidence from credible academic sources.
- Compose a short outline. This will prevent you from getting into the writer’s block trap.
- Keep in mind that your thesis shouldn’t be too long. 1 or 2 sentences will do.
- Put your main statement into the introductory part of your piece of writing. This is important as in this way you give your readers the direction and the idea of what you are going to reveal in your paper.
You should understand that even if you know how to write a thesis, this is only the begging of the whole paper creation process.
How to Start a Research Paper Thesis
There are many ways how actually you can start your paper. Let’s consider some of them.
- The paper on [the topic] touches the problem of … and states that…
- [The object of discussion] should … in order to…
- [The problem] of… is described…
- A deep analysis of [the issue] shows that…
Of course, these are the templates for you to start. Be creative, smart and up to the point while composing your own statements.
Also, check out our “how to cite a dissertation” material.
Informative of Persuasive Thesis Statement?
The next key point that you should be aware of is using the right type of thesis. In fact, there are 2 major types of thesis statements. They are persuasive and informative.
In the informative thesis, the author states the purpose or idea and draws the reader towards the suggested results.
To cook a vegan soup, a person will need to buy vegetables, find the recipe online, read it, peel and chop vegetables and boil them.
In the persuasive thesis, you should persuade the reader of the statement that you make.
Sushi is one of the best Japanese dishes that are very popular all over the world. It contains a small amount of fat and is rich in protein, vitamins, carbohydrates, so it’s much better for health than the majority of fast food.
Winning Thesis Statement Examples for Research Papers
Now, you probably want to get some samples of how great thesis statements should look like. Below you can find 3 examples that may be useful for you.
While jogging demands energy, it is the best for improving your brain work because it stimulates muscles that are responsible for a special ferment which activates the brain activity and it is a peaceful activity that makes your brain relaxed.
Instead of drinking and smoking, students need to be more conscious in terms of social activities. Universities and colleges should encourage them to participate in various volunteer projects.
Since smoking is allowed in public places, passive smoking is harmful to your health as well because it causes similar health issues and increases the threat of heart disease or cancer.
Now you know how to write a thesis statement for a research paper. However, if to compare writing a research paper with a meal, this is only the appetizer part of it.
The next step you should take is to develop the paper itself, also you can use our thesis statement maker.
That’s where you should pay close attention to the format, structure, citation style, arguments, grammar, etc.
Still have doubts “where can I buy research paper“?
Turn to SameDayPapers now and we’ll do it for you!